Thursday, May 6, 2010

The son's room


The movie the son's room is a movie about an Italian family and the way they cope with the loss of their dear son. It is a 2001 film directed by Nanni Moretti, and it depicts the psychological effects on a family and their life after the death of their son Andrea. Giovanni the father was a therapist who would listen to other people's concerns and problems, and would then try to help them with suggestions. The movie however was a very boring and uninteresting movie which had a plot that really dumb. Personally I did not like the movie, and found it too be one of the worst movies I've ever had to watch. The movie had Giovanni counseling people with all sorts of problems. One guy had the problem of trying to figure out his sexual orientation, another guy had the problem of being diagnosed with cancer, but the cancer was going to be easily cured, but it still worried him. Overall comparing my life along with the movie I see that I have absolutely nothing in common with the people. Except for the fact that I am about the same age as Andrea, and I play sports and like running, just like Andrea and his father Giovanni. Through this movie I found out that Italians really have a close knit family. They are always there to support each other and have each others back.

No comments:

Post a Comment