The movie Napoleon Dynamite is a movie about a high school student living in Idaho with his grandmother and thirty two year old, older brother Kip. The movie was a hit sensation when it came out, but I was really never a huge fan of it. The movie is pretty much based on Napolean's life, and his experiences in highschool, being bullied, his friends, etc. Napolean's grandmother breaks her coccyx in a bike accident and because she feels as if Napolean and his older brother can't watch themselves, she calls their uncle rico, who is a man stuck in the year 1982. He thinks he's really cool, and even tries flirting with the highschool students. Kip chats alot on the internet, and near the end one the movie we meet his girlfriend who he met online, Lafawnda, who is black. Uncle Rico tries and sells herbal breast increasing pills to many of Napoleon's school mates. Pedro, Napoleon's best friend, then decides to run for class president, starting the whole, vote for Pedro debacle. Anyways he runs against Summer, a very popular caucasian girl in the school. However the movie turns out to finish well for everyone involved. Pedro wins the presidency, Kip and his girlfriend leave together, and grandma fully recovers.
Overall I didn't really like the movie, however there were some similarities between the movie and my life. The fact being that I am also still in highschool, just like Napoleon, and that I also have older brothers. However I do not really fit the bill of someone like Napoleon.

No comments:
Post a Comment