
Like Stars on Earth is an inspirational movie about a dyslexic 9 year old boy, and the trouble he has in school and in general. We are shown his journey from insignificance into significance. The movie essentially tells us that everyone is special in their own kind of way, and that we should respect everyone we meant and see, even if they have disabilities or are different. Ishaan, the main character of the movie, causes alot of trouble at school, and even at home, because he can't read, and thus can't really participate in the day to day things other kids his age participate in. So because of his dyslexia and the troubles that cause him, he sent to a boarding school. His parents essentially had no choice. They tried and did everything they could do in their power to try and educate him to be as normal as other children. Ishaan's older brother was more successful in school, and it astonished them that Ishaan wasn't. They thought that Ishaan was lazy and stupid, but when a substitute art teacher came to the bording school Ishaan was in, his fortunes changed. The new teacher Ram, had experienced in helping and taking care of kids who had disabilities, so Ishaans case wasn't new to him. Ram then helped Ishaan improve in school, and gained the attention of his parents by telling them about Ishaan's disabilities.
I can't say that I can really relate to the movie, but I must say that just like Ishaan, I've faced difficulties in school, and with the help of different teachers, i was able to success. Overall I must say that I have been fortunate in terms of my education, and I'm not as artistic as Ishaan. I really like the movie, and I thought it was very inspirational.

No comments:
Post a Comment